Welcome to the Toxic Blog tour, hosted by Entangled Publishing. Today’s a special day because I get to interview the very HOT and super sweet Alex!
But first, here’s a little bit about Toxic (Book 2 in the Denazen series):
When a Six saved Kale’s life the night of Sumrun, she warned there would be consequences. A trade-off. Something taken for the life they gained. But Dez never imagined she’d lose the one thing she’d give anything to keep… And as if it’s not enough Dez finds her immunity to Kale fading, the Six brought in to help Kale learn to control his killer touch starts drooling on him the moment they meet. Worse than that? Jade can touch Kale. But bimbo Barbie is the least of Dez’s problems.
After Dez and Kale got away at Sumrun, her father lost not only his most powerful weapon but an important piece of the Supremacy project. Forced by Denazen to remedy the situation, he poisons Dez and offers her a choice–surrender to Denazen for the cure…or die. Determined to find a solution that doesn’t involve being bagged and tagged–or losing someone she loves–Dez keeps the poison a secret. But when a rash of Denazen attacks hit a little too close to home, Dez is convinced there’s a traitor among them. Jade.
Sacrifices, broken promises, and secrets. Dez will have to lay it all on the line if there’s any hope of proving Jade’s guilt before they all end up Residents of Denazen. Or worse, dead…
Now for the fun!
1. What is your fondest memory growing up?
My grandmother used to make me banana and ketchup sandwiches. Yeah, yeah. I know what you’re thinking. Eww. But taste it first—then roll your eyes. It’s awesome. We used to take a picnic out to this place in the woods past Memorial Park. She’d sit for hours and tell me stories about my parents.
2. When did you first discover you were a Six? How was that experience?
I was five. I don’t remember it really, but I’m told I freaked my teacher out. Floated a Lego or something stupid like that. I feel kinda bad about it. She ended up in a happy house, convinced the school was haunted.
3. What exactly bugs you the most about Kale? If he didn’t have the touch of death, how would you react to him and Dez together? How would I react?
I’d have kicked that weirdo’s ass from here to Tulsa. They guy just bugs me, yanno? That whole I’m innocent and have no idea what you’re talking to has to be an act. No one is that naive. Plus, hello? The guy’s been an assassin for most of his life…
4. For those that don’t know, what exactly is your special power? What do you like the most about it?
I’m telekinetic. It means I can move things without laying a finger on them. Do you have any idea how handy that comes in when you aren’t close to the TV remote?
5. If you could have any other special power, what would it be? What’s the coolest power you’ve seen?
There’s this one girl Dez found over the summer. Kiernan. She’s kind of irritating, but her ability takes the cake. She can blend into her environment and essentially become invisible. Think about the possibilities. The girl’s locker room…the showers… The dressing room over at Victoria’s Secret. Oh. Yeah. Definitely that ability.
6. What is the one thing you love most about Dez? Any insight for the fans as to how you really feel about her?
She isn’t afraid. Dez is the kind of girl that stands up for what she thinks is right no matter what. She sees something she wants, she goes for it. Driven. I think that’s a good word. Driven—but she doesn’t step on anyone else to get what she wants. That’s rare. …Dez is that one in million thing. The kind you spend your whole life searching for, yanno? She made her choice, and I hate it. I think it’s the wrong choice, but I can respect it.
7. This or That:
– Dog or Cat: Dog. Definitely. Cats make me sneeze.
– Boobs, Butt, or Legs: Dude… You want me to choose? *sighs* I guess if I have to, I’m gonna go with legs. Nothing tops a killer pair of legs…
– The Simpsons or Family Guy: Family Guy. I don’t dig yellow people…
– Liquor or Beer: Beer is my preference, but I wouldn’t say no to a Harbor light shot.
– Just Dance or Rock Band: If I have to choose, Rock Band, but I’d opt for my own guitar. Didn’t know I could play? Sexy, right? All girls dig the strings…
– Boxers or Briefs: *winks* I’m not tellin. But if you wanna find out…
- Kourtney, Kim, or Khloe Kardashian: None. Those girls are a mess. I prefer my women with more substance.
About the Author:
JUS ACCARDO spent her childhood reading and learning to cook. Determined to follow in her grandfather’s footsteps as a chef, she applied and was accepted to the Culinary Institute of America. At the last minute, she realized her path lay with fiction, not food, and passed on the spot to pursue writing. Jus is the author of YA paranormal romance and urban fantasy fiction. A native New Yorker, she lives in the middle of nowhere with her husband, three dogs, and sometimes guard bear, Oswald. Her first book, Touch was released in November 2011 from Entangled Publishing. She is currently working on the next book in the Denazen series.
Don’t miss your chance to win an ebook of Toxic!